Correct After care for your permanent make up procedure is extremely important to achieve the best results. After the procedure you will be handed an after care leaflet. This lists all instructions needed for you to carry on looking after your brand new look from home so that you can keep looking your best every single day…..day after day!
3 MAIN RULES ARE!!
– KEEP IT DRY
– BALM – APPLY
– DO NOT PICK, PEEL, SCRATCH – TRY!!!!
- You will benefit greatly from applying your healing balm 3 times a day for 7 days. Make sure you wash your hands before and that you use a clean cotton bud for each brow or eye, THIS PREVENTS CROSS CONTAMINATION!
- Only use a gentle facial cleanser to wash your face in the first week (no glycolic , fruit or lactic acid) and do not splash wash your face. I recommend you use face wipes or cleanser on cotton wool pads and work around the permanent make up site. This way you will not get the procedure site wet.
I know it sounds awful but treat your permanent make up like a scab – remember when you were a kid and you had a scab from playing outside and at night you would lie in the bath and soak yourself or go swimming in a pool then the scab would be soggy and fall off…..that is exactly what we do not want happening to your permanent make up! Sorry for this example but I find it helps people understand a little better.
- When washing your hair apply a thicker layer of vaseline to prevent it from becoming wet.
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent possibility of infection.
- Do not receive skincare beauty treatments for 5 days after the application of your enhancement.
Remember that your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined for 10 – 14 days after application but as the healing process occurs the colour will soften and lighten
Long term – you must use a good sun screen. I recommend the . It retails at £12.75 but will last you for ages and you will need to apply it just as you put your moisturiser on in the morning every day sweep a little on to each brow!